Friday, March 27, 2009

Ouch



Three shih-tzus watch carefully so as
to time their movement to coincide
with mine. Shih tzus contributed
to a number of falls I took this
winter.







Kayti said to me the other day, "Mom! You made it through winter without breaking any bones!"

It is indeed a miracle, considering that I fell down at least once a day. I wish I had videos of all the spills I've taken -- they would make an exceptionally funny montage.

Here are all the ways I've fallen since last fall:

1. Bucked off a horse.

2. Cross-country skis got ahead of me.

3. Slipped in mud.

4. Slipped on ice (about 100 times)

5. Tripped on 2x4 on porch.

6. Missed rung on ladder.

7. Misjudged number of stairs.

8. Tripped by a dog.

9. Crocs slipped on wet floor.

10. Ground-teaching horse to jump, I tripped on jump.

11. Fell off a pallet in a dark cellar.

12. Unexpectedly stepped into hole on uneven "lawn."


At least I have reasons for all these falls. Before surgery, my right ankle used to roll me onto the ground without so much as a fare-thee-well.

I may not have broken any bones, but I'm not tempting fate. I won't be getting on the horse this year until we are signed up for MaineCare.

No comments: